Winter is here, the days are getting shorter, and cubicles are bursting with innovation at Nextag, which means the holiday shopping season is in full swing. Welcome to our first edition of Nextag in the News, your guide to the latest product announcements, press releases, and shopping trends you may have missed.
Nextag Brings Your Radar to Your Smartphone
Searching for the best price on your next digital camera? Put it on your Radar and Nextag will notify you when it reaches your “sweet spot.” Nextag’s Radar mobile app allows you to add products to your radar on-the-go by entering text into the search field, taking a picture of the item, or scanning a barcode using your phone’s built-in camera. Nextag Radar is available now for iOS.
• An App That Shops for You? – Apparel – Aug. 18, 2011
• Nextag’s radar picks up a smartphone app– Internet Retailer – Aug. 24, 2011
• Shopping website Nextag launches another mobile app Nextag Radar – IntoMobile – Aug. 24, 2011
• Nextag Radar app review – Daily Herald – Sept. 3, 2011
• Nextag Radar app scans for deals – Washington Post – Sept. 10, 2011
• Shopping website Nextag launches another mobile app – TechSumo – Aug. 24, 2011\
• Nextag Brings the Bliss of Retail Therapy to Shoppers Searching for their Next Big Thing – Shopping Deals – Aug. 18, 2011
Jeff Katz Interview at Shop.org Conference
At the Shop.org Conference in Boston earlier this year, Nextag CEO Jeffrey Katz did a 9-minute interview with EcommerceBytes discussing Nextag’s vision of becoming a forecast-driven marketing platform for merchants.
Through seasonal trends and real-time data analysis, merchants can manage their campaigns to maximize marketing spend by leveraging Nextag’s robust set of tools.
• Nextag’s Vision Is to Provide Merchants with Marketing Platform – AuctionBytes – Sept. 14, 2011
• Nextag CEO Jeff Katz Focuses on Serving Online Retailers – EcommerceBytes – Sept. 15, 2011
Nextag Goes to Congress to Testify in the Google Antitrust Hearings
Nextag CEO Jeffrey Katz and senior legal counsel headed to the Nation’s capital in September to testify against Google as part of the congressional antitrust hearings. Nextag, along with Yelp, discussed Google’s promotion of their products and services in organic search results before their competitor’s listings.
• Google’s Schmidt Urges Support for Obama’s Jobs Bill, Government Stimulus – Bloomberg – Sept. 18, 2011
• Google’s Schmidt to Face Off Against Congress Wednesday – PC Magazine – Sept. 19, 2011
• The antitrust case against Google – CNN Money – Sept. 19, 2011
• U.S. Senate panel to grill Google on anti-trust issues – San Francisco Business Times – Sept. 19, 2011
• Google Rivals Are Readying An Antitrust Assault in D.C. – The Wall Street Journal – Sept. 19, 2011
• Google faces antitrust glare on Capitol Hill – The Washington Post – Sept. 20, 2011
• Google Rivals Are Readying an Antitrust Assault in D.C. – AllThingsD – Sept. 20, 2011
• Senate questions Google’s neutrality – Politico – Sept. 21, 2011
• Google Puts Its Own Products First, Rivals Yelp, NexTag Say– Bloomberg BusinessWeek – Sept. 21, 2011
• Google’s Schmidt defends search practices – MarketWatch – Sept. 21, 2011
• Google’s Competitors Square Off Against Its Leader – The New York Times – Sept. 21, 2011
Nextag Celebrates Halloween in Style
Like the dog days of summer, Halloween came and went at Nextag. Remnants of wacky Halloween costumes and blue face paint lurk around the office. Several media outlets, including ABC News, featured Nextag’s search listings.
• How to Host an Affordable Halloween Party – ABC News – Oct. 14, 2011
• Shopping Expert Shannon Eis takes the spooky out of Halloween Spending – ParentClick – Oct. 26, 2011
Nextag Acquires Social Startup ThingBuzzIn an effort to take social shopping to the next level, comparison shopping engine Nextag acquires social media technology business ThingBuzz. Integrating ThingBuzz with Nextag allows shoppers to see what their social networks say about the things they want to purchase.
• Nextag buys social shopping business Thingbuzz – San Francisco Business Times – Oct. 18, 2011
• Nextag’s Thingbuzz Buy to Inject Social Buzz into Shopping – Daily Deal Media – Oct. 19, 2011
• Nextag Turns Social with Thingbuzz Acquisition – IT Pro Portal – Oct. 21, 2011
In Other News…
Host Analytics’ SaaS CPM Solution Selected by Nextag – Financial Tech Spotlight – Nov. 1, 2011
In an effort to streamline internal planning and budgeting, Nextag selects Host Analytics CPM to help the company make smart business decisions. According to Derek Yung, Vice President of Finance and Strategic Planning, Host Analytics provides better insights into the organization as a whole.
Check Out Our New Deals
While you’re waiting for the next edition of Nextag in the News, check out our upcoming deals, add a product to your radar, or see what your friends are buying. Plus, iPhone and iPod Touch owners don’t forget to update your Nextag mobile app for iOS and take our tumbler for a spin. And remember, it’s never too early to get started on your holiday shopping list with Nextag!
- Nextag in the News